Saturday, April 14, 2012

Dear PITAs...Farewell.


SATURDAY, APRIL 14, 2012 2:51 PM, EDT
Dear PITAs...Farewell.
Dear PITAs,
I wanted to thank you for the space that you’ve created for Yvette and Shelby. They should be warm and cozy in those spaces.
I don’t really have anything else to say to you. You are hard as rocks, and you will not be missed. Soon I will be able to roll over in the middle of the night without feeling you not moving beneath my skin. Soon I will be able to nestle two young heads against a soft and supple chest, giving them hugs as a mother should be able to. And I will no longer feel that your hard surface will hurt their little noggins.
Wednesday March 18, you will be replaced – not because you are malfunctioning or broken, but because your purpose here has been served. Your time is over. One day we will all meet this fate, and I am grateful that your purpose helped me realize that mine is not yet fulfilled.  
With a 4 hour surgery, you will be gone. At least with you, I know what I have! The fear of the unknown is getting to me a little with Yvette and Shelby...My mastectomy left me fearful of what the lymph node biopsy would show. When that came back clear, I was just relieved. With this surgery, I feel this pretty overwhelming sense of anxiety. I've always had a pretty decent confidence level, and I just want to be able to love my permanent body...and I hope that God doesn't use this as a lesson in patience. 
Please accept this as your farewell. There will be no more tears shed for you. There will be no memorial. This is all you get.
Tootles,
Bean

No comments:

Post a Comment