Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Dear Chemo...#5


WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 17, 2011 8:11 PM, EDT
Dear Chemo...#5
Dear Chemo,

You are my new friend! You are the second chemo I've met, and although we've only met once, I appreciate you despite the random sharp pains and numb feet. Thank heaven's Dr. Hargis gave me the other chemo first, because if he had started with you, I might not have made it through the 2nd round...it would have been so much worse...

He was clearly holding out on the good stuff! I haven't had nausea meds in over a week - a nice change from the 4 different nausea meds that I was on during the first 2 months of chemo #1. And I have not been as completely exhausted...I am able to actually play with my children after a full day of work instead of lying on the couch like a bump on a log, waving at them with a blank stare on my face. No...indeed, it is quite the opposite - I have energy.

I don't know how long this will last, Chemo. I know that you are still depleting my blood counts every two weeks, and that I will start off lower every time. But I will hold this two weeks in my heart, and I will remember you fondly. This was just the kick in the pants I needed to get my funny back and push through the next 6 weeks...yep, that's right! Only 3 more treatments to go over 6 weeks!! Then another MRI (crossing fingers and praying constantly for response to you). Then surgery...lots of surgery.

But for now, you little Pacific-Yew-tree, all-natural-chemo you, let's stay focused and kick some cancer booty!

Thank you (oh yes, I said thank you),
Bean

No comments:

Post a Comment