Friday, September 9, 2011

Unforgettable Gifts


FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 9, 2011 8:50 PM, EDT
Unforgettable gifts...
I would relive every moment I have ever had just for this one!I've made no secret of my love for Philosophy products. Aside from the fact that I love a product that sells itself, I just cannot get past the little words of wisdom on those bottles...I've used Amazing Grace for years now. BF Nicole gave me a super cool Christmas gift one year. It was a perfume sampler from Sephora. It came with about 15 different high-end perfume samples, and a voucher to purchase the bottle of the recipient's choosing. I spent weeks trying the samples so that I would end up with the perfume that suited me best, and that was Amazing Grace. I loved the scent...the words of wisdom I discovered later.

Philosophy products keep creeping up from time to time...dropping their little "God-winks" at the most opportune times. Mama calls it a God-wink when things pop out of nowhere to let you know that you are on the right path. No one can tell you what is and is not a God-wink...you just know.

When I first interviewed in Louisville, I interviewed with a prospective peer, Emily. Emily is the ER Nurse Manager in my building, and she has just given me one of the most thoughtful gifts that anyone has ever given me. She gave me a bottle of Amazing Grace shower gel. Thoughtful, you ask? What's so thoughtful about that?! What is so thoughtful is that she took a picture of me and my children and placed it on the bottle via Philosophy's website. Furthermore, Emily gave me my own little words of wisdom...the bottle states, "Philosophy: Mommy loves you better than the whole world." Thanks, Em. I showed the bottle to my nieces Olivia (9) and Ann Marie (7) this past weekend...they think I'm famous, which is an added benefit!

Philosophy has a Shower Gel called "Shower for the Cure." Aside from the fact that it is a beautiful and clean scent, proceeds from sales go to breast cancer research. I copied the Philosophy a couple of years ago when we opened because I wanted to remind team members that our patients were not only patients, but that they had other lives...lives we don't see that make them just like us. I wanted to share it here because it has truly struck a chord with me on a different level now...both for personal reasons, but also because it resonates with me with regards to so many people I have met over the past few months. Share it with whomever you like...it is truly a beautiful reminder that we are not invincible...or invisible.

unforgettable...

she is a mother who can think only of the welfare of her children.
she is a wife who wonders if her husband will still love her.
she is a daughter horrified of the thought of breaking the news to her aging parents.
she is a sister, a soulmate, the best girl you know.
she is a friend; a real bosom buddy.
she is a neighbor who now needs a friend.
she is an executive who has lost her control.
she is an employee who wonders how she will keep her job, pay her bills, take care of her child, while trying to recover.
she is a patient who fears losing her life.
she is a doctor who must now save her own life.
she is a beauty who will always be beautiful.
she is a woman who never did feel beautiful.
she is famous and now she wishes she wasn't.
she is a stranger who you can't see, but she can see you.
she is a person whom you have yet to meet.
she is you, she is me.
she is...unforgettable.

I posted some new pictures...we have had an incredible Summer, despite the great oncologic interruption. We have good days, and we have bad days...but overall, it's been an amazing couple of months filled with family and fun. Thank you all for your continued prayers - keep 'em coming! The next few months are going to be difficult, but we are ready. One more chemo to go - September 21st! 

LOVE!
Bean

No comments:

Post a Comment