Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Specifics


WEDNESDAY, JUNE 15, 2011 9:48 AM, EDT
I am sitting in my chemo suite. Labs look good, Mama is by my side, and fluids are hanging. Drugs are mixing, and soon they will be hung. Let's get this party started!!!

People keep asking me for specifics for prayer. Many believe that the power of prayer is more effective when the prayers are specific. A member of the Sisterhood, Sharon, has many talents - she is an artist, a philanthropist, an actress, a musician. So it came to no surprise to me when she sent me the prayer below - turns out she has found an amazing talent in prayer. Thank you, Sharon, for the beautiful gift. And for anyone who is looking for specifics, you may pray along with her!

Spirit of the Living God, 

I thank you for giving Tina wisdom during this time.  I thank you, Father, for the strength in her optimism. I thank you for the life you have blessed Tina with...you have made her an influencer of so many and a person of good character and love. Father, you say in your word that the Joy of the Lord is our strength. So, I ask that you increase joy in her heart that she may continue to be strong in this battle.  I pray that Tina would know that she is NOT alone, but that you are by her side, holding her hand through this entire journey. 

Please Father, release her from any anger, bitterness or hurt against anyone or against this situation. Let any bitterness or anger be removed, in Jesus Name.  I ask that you give her an increase of trust....Trusting that she IS a daughter the most high King and that her heavenly Father loves her to depths that can not be fathomed. Let her trust that God is FOR her! so what can be against her?  Increase her warrior spirit, increase her time of intimacy with you, Dad.  Let her be filled and connected to Holy Spirit. 

I ask that you bless her children and husband during this time. That this would be a time where the abundance of love and acceptance abounds everywhere Tina goes.  I pray that your ministering angels would surround her when she is tired or weak and that they would bring the peace of God to her home. 

Father, you are a good dad, and I pray that during this difficult time you would make that goodness so known to Tina and to her body. I pray that as the chemo goes in it would go directly to the blood cells that are cancerous and not harm healthy parts of her blood and body.  I pray that all side effects would be gone in Jesus name.  I pray against the mass in her breast that it has to GO in Jesus Name. You said God, that we are able to heal in your name and we are praying the prayers of faith like you taught us to in the Bible.  We reject the "unknown" cancer that the doctors are still unclear on...We know that You know the source of this cancer and that YOU can reveal it, and fight it.  Jesus, it says by YOUR stripes we are healed and so I ask that this verse be Tina's anthem. I thank you in advance for healing you are going to give to Tina.  I praise you for it, God. I also come against the idea of her going through menopause...God, if that is your will then so be it, but I ask, Father, that you spare her from that diagnosis. I pray that through Your healing power, Jesus, that she will be completely restored.  

Bless her mother, as she is there helping.  I pray that their relationship would be so solid and loving.  Give Tina's Mom, strength and grace during this time of care-taking. 
Now, Daddy, let your grace wash over Tina giving her security that you are in control. Give her beautiful dreams like a staircase to heaven!  

In Jesus name, AMEN! 


I love you so much, Sister. Please know that you have people all the way across the country praying for you!

Sharbear

No comments:

Post a Comment