Friday, June 10, 2011

Transition


FRIDAY, JUNE 10, 2011 8:22 PM, EDT
Transition
Transition
Mama thought it might be a good idea to get a "transitional" haircut prior to starting chemo so that when I do lose my hair and "rock my baldness," it doesn't scare Logan half to death...Reluctantly I agreed. I was terrified that I would end up with a haircut that I couldn't stand, and that I'd be stuck with it until they all fell out...Out of all this, that's what I'm scared of! Turns out, I found my identity in a hairstyle today.
I have to admit, I don't think I've seen my natural hair color since I was about 17. If you've known me for longer than two seasons, you have seen me with at least 3 different shades of color in my hair, and likely a couple of different lengths. I have always envied my sister Jayme for her Martina McBride hair - you know, the kind of hair that can work with anyhairstyle! Jayme has just that kind of hair...and BEAUTIFUL color. And then there's my sister Tiffany, who has the absolute antithesis of Tina-hair - full, dark, and full of curl if she doesn't spend hours trying to get it to be straight! And darn if I can get mine to do anything at all. Mine has always been  dishwater blonde, or so I though until today.
BF Meredith was perusing the wig website with me the other day (www.headcovers.com - it's no Hermes, but their scarves are gorgeous! Tiff already sent me one, and it's LOVELY!), and she said, "You know Tina Bean, people in your position like to wear wigs because they get to take advantage of trying a hairstyle that they wouldn't otherwise have the guts to try...but I'm going to be honest, you've had every hairstyle on this website!...and every color at that!"
So true! So true! 
P.S. Logan loves it!

No comments:

Post a Comment