Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Support Your Bean!


TUESDAY, JUNE 7, 2011 8:53 PM, EDT
Support Your Bean!
Olivia (Jayme's almost 9 y/o) and Ann Marie (Tiffany's 7 y/o)...supporting their Aunt Bean!!Okay, I promised Nathan that I wouldn't tap away on this keyboard every night, but I just have to share something...

In my Guestbook, Meredith (Medley) Kirkpatrick posted how we met. What she failed to tell is that we were around 8 years old at our Episcopal church camp, Camp McDowell, when we met. But Meredith and I didn't really cross paths until years later at Saint James. We formed a friendship with a group that we dubbed the "Sisterhood," long before there were any traveling pants, mind you. The members of the Sisterhood vowed to support one another through anything, and today we support one another as well as we ever did.  

Mere sent this to me today http://www.cafepress.com/SupportourBean
Please feel free to take a look! She said that she go the idea when she saw my Facebook pic, which I've added to this page - these are my dear nieces Olivia (left - Jayme's, 8 1/2) and Ann Marie (Tiffany's, 7), wearing shirts that say, "Proud to wear pink because I love my AUNT." Mere was looking for a similarly supportive shirt, but felt that the word "friend" didn't exactly capture what she wanted to express! So she captured it in a "line" of casual apparel! I am a t-shirt!! Ha! So please check it out! The prices are reasonable, and the designs are so cute!

Meredith was thinking that anyone who bought a shirt, mug, or whatever should take a picture of the item with the purchaser and email it to me! I'll post a pic of anyone who sends me a "support pic!"

LOVE! 
Bean

P.S. For anyone who is just dying to know where Bean, Beanie, Beanie Boo, Beanie Bikini, TinaBean, TBean, Beanpole, etc. comes from --> It started off when I was "skinny as a beanpole." I could eat and eat and eat, and I was tiny like a "stringbean." Over the years, it shortened to "Bean" (I never took it offensively, so don't give me a resounding "awwww."), which evolved into "Beanie" and other variations. It just stuck. Family and friends all over the country call me Bean, and I LOVE IT! I will not be offended if you have never called me Bean but start now!

No comments:

Post a Comment